AZ Dept. of Revenue- 2023 Income Tax Deadline is One Month Away
2023 Income Tax Deadline is One Month AwayPhoenix, AZ—The Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) wants to remind you that tax returns are due on Tuesday, April 18, 2023, which is one month away.
ADOR highly recommends that taxpayers file electronically and use direct deposit. Taxpayers receive their refund up to six times faster when choosing e-file and direct deposit. It is more secure, more efficient, and significantly faster than paper returns.
- E-File - Visit the Department’s E-File Services page to view the approved list of software providers to submit electronically filed returns with ADOR.
- Choose Direct Deposit - It is available regardless of whether the return is filed electronically or by mail. If your bank account rejects the deposit, ADOR will send you a paper check.
- Where’s My Refund? - Check on your Arizona tax refund status anytime by clicking the “Where’s My Refund?” link. Allow 8 weeks before contacting the Department.
- Arizona Free File Alliance - Offers a free file program to Arizona taxpayers who meet specific criteria. Approximately 56,000 taxpayers used Free File software last year, saving themselves fees, costly errors, and receiving their refund quicker. Individuals must go through azdor.gov to ensure no fees are charged.
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program - Delivers free support to individuals 50 and older who cannot afford a tax preparation service to file federal and Arizona returns. Program details can be found at www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) - Provides free tax help to people who generally make $60,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their tax returns. Taxpayers can acquire about free preparation through VITA.
Visit ADOR’s website at https://azdor.gov/individual-
To receive income tax updates by email or text message, subscribe to the Individual Income Tax list or stay up-to-date through ADOR’s social media accounts.